Suggested Library Instruction Learning Objectives
Suggested Library Instruction Learning Objectives:
- Research Topic Selection
- The difference between Scholarly Journals & Magazine Articles
- Turning Topics into Effective Search Statements
- Locating & Identifying relevant Print & Electronic Books
- Locating & Identifying relevant Scholarly Journal & Magazine Articles
- Citing Sources & Avoiding Plagiarism
Library Liaison Assignments
Each academic department at LASC has an individual Librarian assigned to work in conjunction with the department's instructors and staff. Below are the current assignments.
- Career Tech. Ed.
- English/Foreign Languages
- Behavioral & Social Sciences
- Child Development
- Natural Science & Physical Ed.
- Non-Credit / Adult Ed
Library Instruction Requests
We will do everything possible to accommodate your Library Instruction requests, including coming to your classroom if you have Internet access and digital projection capabilities.
- Complete the Library Instruction Request Form
- Instructors may also call the Library to schedule an instruction session (323) 241-5235, or fill out the instruction request form in person
Please request Library Instruction Sessions at least 2 weeks in advance.
Library Course Reserves
There are several ways you can put a copy of your current textbook on reserve at the library:
- Complete a Library Course Reserve Form & email to the Library as an attachment.
- If you prefer, download the form and return your completed copy and book(s) to the library in-person.
In order to provide excellent service to our students, please submit your Library Course Reserve Form as early as possible in the semester to avoid delays in item availability.
Interlibrary Loan (ILL)
LASC students and faculty have Library borrowing privileges within the nine campus LACCD system. They can check out books directly from other LACCD libraries, or they can have them shipped to be picked up at LASC. Please be aware that the amount of time it takes to fulfill an ILL request can vary and can take up to two weeks.
- If you would like to request an Interlibrary Loan (ILL), please fill out the Interlibrary Loan (ILL) Request Form below and email it to the LASC Library as an attachment.
- You can also call the LASC Library at (323) 241-5235 to make an ILL request. Please have the information listed on the Interlibrary Loan (ILL) Request Form ready when you call.