How to join the Facebook Group
If you would like to join the course Facebook group and earn extra credit, please click on the Facebook icon next to my profile on the right-hand side of this page. I will add you as a friend and include you in the class Facebook group.
Course Syllabus and Schedule
CLASS STARTING DATE: Monday, 08/29/16
CLASS ENDING DATE: Monday, 10/22/16 (our final class meeting is on Monday, 10/17)
DATE TO DROP WITHOUT A PENALTY: Sunday, 09/11/16
HOLIDAYS (CAMPUS WILL BE CLOSED): Monday, 09/05/16
Welcome to your course guide for Library 101, Library Research Methods.
Please be sure to check the Weekly Updates tab regularly for important class content, assignments, and readings.
Reminder: This class meets for 8 weeks (with a holiday on Monday, September 5th during Week 2).
How to Succeed in this Class
To assess your progress in class, read the syllabus and regularly consult the class web page so you are clear on assignment due dates and expectations Also:
- Arrive to class on time, prepared to participate in group activities
- Hand in assignments in class on their due dates
- Complete assigned readings
- Don’t miss class, come late, or leave early without contacting me first
- Technology plays an important role in learning and research today. Weekly meetings are in-person but you will use online tools and resources to complete assignments and activities and to stay informed of any changes to the class or assignments.
- Proofread your work: This is a transfer-level college course. Take time to do careful, thorough, and thoughtful work. Remember to proofread. Students will lose points for submitting work with poor expression of concepts or thoughts, constant errors in writing, or lack of proofreading.
- Ask me if you don’t know or aren’t sure about anything!